Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chocolate Mousse Tart


Hey hey it's Sunday! How I love slow and lazy Sunday mornings when I can wake up at any time I want and take my time to indulge in my favourite activities. Somehow I think brunch are made for Sundays, and I kinda wish I had a long relaxing brunch today, which didn't quite happen. The next best thing will be to spend a few hours in the kitchen, baking up something sweet and pretty :).

My initial plan was to make a layered cake...either a pure chocolate layered cake or a matcha chocolate version. I rummaged through the kitchen to see if I have all the ingredients I needed and found one key missing - eggs. Sigh, no cake for me today.

My thoughts went back to a lovely tart that I saw yesterday on Cannelle et Vanille - a Chocolate Tahini Tart. With no tahini on hand, I decided to go for a simple, yet decadent Chocolate Mousse Tart. 

Putting this together was such a breeze. The tart crust was easy to handle and I got one of my prettiest tart crust ever made! No fuss at all. However, I'm not a big fan of this crust as it's a little dry for my liking. I'd opt for Dorie Greenspan's trusty recipe or Pierre Herme's chocolate pate sablee anytime.


The mousse was a simple blend of whipped cream with melted chocolate - easy and foolproof. I still love my mousse with egg yolks in this but the simplicity of this recipe rocks. Haha.


For the recipe, head to Aran's blog here.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!



2 comments:

  1. This is such a decadent way to cap off the week just past and kick start the new one! Have a fantastic week ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, brunch is definitely made for Sundays. Indulge in your favorite activities is a wise thing to do on this day especially when you are busy most of the week doing what you had to do and not what you want to do:D This tart looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails